Friday, February 3, 2012

Bum Spelling

Do you remember when clothing designers started putting lettering on the bum of girls' clothing? It's pretty classy. However, I'll confess, that I have a favorite old (like, from my college days, old) pair of jammies. They have pink stripes and - you guessed it - the word "Pink" on the bum.

I was wearing them the other day when I suddenly felt a little finger pointing at those letters on said bum while cheerfully (and quite delightedly) naming the letters. He's very excited to recognize letters (that day it was the letter "P" and he then proceeded to list off all the letters he knows off the top of his head in the entire alphabet while still poking my bum!), and he was even more excited at where he had just discovered letters.

So much so that it was quite the feat to get him distracted away from them.

It's a good thing I don't own anything else with letters in that same location. I can only imagine this same scene playing out in public.

But, hey, I can't fault the kid for practicing his letters :)!

No comments: