Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Love-day Date Night Series

Anyone who knows us knows that we aren't big on Valentine's Day in general. The actual holiday just seems a bit contrived and fake. However, I must confess that the idea behind it definitely has merit. Taking a bit of time to strengthen our relationships is something I can get behind. With that in mind, I've have also been inspired by some friend's blogs "series" and have decided to do a little one of my own.

Drum roll please ...

Introducing: The Love-day Date Night Series

I am going to spotlight on one date per week in February that focuses on strengthening something about your relationship with your partner. Most of them will be very inexpensive and instead focus on getting back to the basics.

Date 1: Love Collages

I was looking at a pile of old magazines thinking about getting rid of them, when I had this idea. I haven't made a collage in as long as I can remember ... but what better subject that love?! I also went to the library and got a few more magazines they were getting rid of for free. Then I gathered up some white paper, scissors and glue sticks. And made a fun dessert (what's date night without dessert?!)
LinkYep, found this idea on Pinterest

I only gave a few ideas to get us started ... our love story, a collage about what we love about the other person, things that make us think about the other person, etc. Then away we went!

I thought we would talk a lot during the creating process, but apparently we were very serious artists! Afterward, though we sat down to talk about what we did, and it was fantastic!! Jeff's collage told our story and what about it makes him think about me and mine described Jeff and things I love about him.
I thought we would spend our time after laughing while we talked, but instead it sparked great (and pretty deep!) conversation. It was a great date! We highly recommend it ... and we loved our finished product so much we hung them in our closet so we could look at them every day while getting ready.

Stay tuned for week two!

3 comments:

Dan said...

Like this idea - can't wait for week 2!

Tamara said...

Whoops - Dan is Tamara :)

laura said...

This is fantastic! Thanks for the idea. So simple & I love the outcome.