Sunday, February 19, 2012

Love-day Date 3: Romantic Dinner at Home

I don’t know about you, but when my husband says he wants to make me a steak dinner, I never say no! This week Jeff planned our date – a romantic steak dinner at home. Jeff grills steak better than most restaurants, so this is a real treat.

First we fed Landon and had some fun family time. Then we tucked him in bed and Jeff got to work. While he cooked up a storm I got to sit on the couch and read a book. That’s heaven right there. When he finished I walked in to find this:

Amazing!! Seriously. Steak, grilled asparagus and baked potatoes … by candlelight, while enjoying grown-up conversation. It was wonderful.

Then (as if it could get any more delicious) we had brownies and strawberries drizzled with chocolate … while watching The Proposal (a fave!)!! Love him!

This is a favorite date of ours. It’s nice to eat together without the distraction of other people (even our favorite little person) or a restaurant. I always feel like we have great conversation and it takes me back a bit to our dating days when getting cooked for was such a treat – and so new at the time! It’s still such a treat, and makes me feel really special. As an extra added bonus, this is another cost-effective date (could it get any better?!).

And in true Jeff-fashion he couldn’t stop there - he booked us a couple's massage! Jeff should give classes on how to score deals like the one he found for us (this one is less than the cost of ONE massage!) he’s that good at it! So we’re headed to our massage tomorrow afternoon. I can’t tell you how excited I am!!

Spoiled rotten, I tell you!


1 comment:

Tamara said...

Love that you're giving me these date ideas! Thanks!