Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thoughts and Questions

**I was chatting with Landon this morning. I told him I want to have his picture taken for his 18-month "birthday," then I proceeded to ask him what he thought he should wear. In all seriousness he looked at me and said "Melmo" (translation: Elmo). Ooookaaaayy... well, honey, thanks for weighing in. I think I'll decide, but I do appreciate your input.

**Speaking of clothes ... I bought a bright blue dress to wear to a friend's wedding. It's a beautiful, vibrant blue. What color of shoes should I wear? A lady at a shoe store told me to "absolutely not wear black" and suggested a few things instead (bronze, grey, etc.) I'm pretty open. BUT I own a pair of black high heels that I haven't ever had a reason to wear (I bought them when I was 9 months pregnant ... need I say more?). They are amazing. Seriously ... slingbacks, peep toes, studded ... that type of amazing. And I think they would look great. What do you think?


**Tomorrow we will have been married for 6 years! SIX! Makes me happy.


**A couple of weeks ago a friend bought me a book to say thank you for something. I think a book is one of the most charming gifts to get. On my nightstand I have a book from my mom (Jane Eyre ... one of the most beautiful books ever written), from my mother-in-law (Created for Greater Things by Jeffrey R. Holland, a fabulous book of quotes) and one from a dear friend (The Blue Day Book ... so cute). If you ever have a hankering to buy me a present a book is a great way to go :)!


**For some reason this year I am already thinking about Halloween costumes, Christmas gifts and all the prep that goes into the holidays. It's good to think ahead ... but really ... I need to just enjoy these last few days of summer!


**What kinds of things are you doing over the long weekend? Planned for this fall? Now that Landon is bigger we are always looking for fun things to do.

4 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Too funny! The other day, I was seriously starting to have a panic attack thinking of everything I need to do and buy for Halloween, Christmas, etc. Then I thought, "OK Shanna, it's AUGUST, calm down!" We're both over-planners...we get one another! =)

-Shanna

Emily said...

Nude colored shoes are always the best option especially when you're not sure what to wear!

laura said...

no black shoes for sure. i would suggest silver strappies. if not, nude. you want the attention on the dress & your face, not the shoes. black would draw the attention away.

Tamsin North said...

I'm liking the bronze shoe suggestion.

Also, we've been married a month longer than you and our son is one month older than yours. Huh.