Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Shenanigans

We decided to play it low key this Labor Day weekend ... and had a great time doing it! Here's a little play-by-play since I'm sure you're just dying to see what we did :)!

We kicked off the weekend with a big pancake breakfast. Don't you love those? My newest obsession is chocolate chip pancakes. Oh. My. Gosh. Heaven. Try them ... you won't be disappointed, I promise. I mean, really, is there any better way to start your day than with chocolate. Didn't think so.

Landon on the other hand decided his needed peanut butter with his ... lots and lots of peanut butter.
We did a little BYU game watching. Landon repeats "football" over and over again - he gets so excited. He also insists on holding his own remote ... and if you ask him to sing the fight song he does the cheer part and ends with his arms in the air grinning. It kills me it's so cute! I'm seeing lots of football in my future ... or in Jeff and Landon's future while I shop :)!
Game day excitement ... he can't even contain himself!
It was pretty intense (in other words ... we were loosing!)

Saturday we also played in the park and then Jeff and I went out for our anniversary. Funny story: We went out for a "fancy" dinner in Hawaii, so we decided to go low-key. A few friends tried Spark in Provo a while back and raved about how good it is and the fun atmosphere. I thought it would be fun to try something different. Oh my gosh ... there was literally NO ONE else in the restaurant with us (with the exception of our waitresses' boyfriend ... which she kept kissing). It was so awkward. So, so awkward. And really not the fun atmosphere we were shooting for. So we got up and left. And went to PF Chang's instead. It was amazing :)! We didn't get a picture that night ... but here is one we snapped the next day (gotta remember to take these for future anniversary posts!)
We went to a cousin's baby blessing on Sunday. After the blessing and before the dinner we had some time so we drove up the canyon for a bit. Do you ever drive up Provo Canyon (or really any canyon around here) and realize how beautiful Utah really is? Sometimes it just takes my breath away. We're pretty lucky.

While we were up the canyon Landon decided to throw some rocks into the stream. I'm surprised there are rocks left on that particular little stretch of beach :)! He LOVED it and just kept throwing them as fast as we could pile them up for him. After every throw he cheered and clapped for himself. You know, if self esteem is based off of rock throwing I think he'll be a-okay in life :)! If only it were that simple right?
Back at the dinner there was a really cool climbing toy. We looked over and saw this:
I was thinking, "oh cute, he thinks he can climb up that" ... only to look over and see this a couple of seconds later:
So he knew he could climb it apparently. Um, when did that happen?! (Not him climbing it in that moment, but just my little baby getting so big and fearless?!)

Then Jeff caught the triumphant crawl to the other side.
He takes his climbing very seriously apparently. Or maybe he is just sick of parents who take so many pictures. It could go either way, really.

We finished off the weekend with some Dutch Oven in the park with friends. He was so excited to climb and play with Jeff. I told him to say "cheese" and he did ... he just didn't look at me when he did :)!
Sometimes low-key weekends are the best. How did you spend yours?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Awww, happy anniversary! Cute pics of you two - so jealous you got to go to Ireland!!

I LOVE chocolate chip pancakes. If I had chocolate chips in my kitchen I would be making them right now, but I ate them all last week. :)

Carolyn said...

Love all the pictures of Landon, he's so happy! What a fun weekend.