Sunday, September 18, 2011

18 Months

Landon is 18 months old today! I feel like every time we hit a "milestone" like this I ask the same question ... where has the time gone? It just feels like it rushes right by. He has grown up so much since turning 1, I can't even believe it sometimes. I love spending time with him because he has so much personality!

A few fun things about Landon.

*LOVES trucks, tractors, trains and airplanes. And talks about them all the time!
*LOVES Elmo. He pronounces it "Melmo" and definitely thinks they are best buddies.
*Has decided he does like to walk now and is getting much braver. He lets go all the time and is very proud of his new accomplishment. Now that he is getting so independent I am really grateful he waited so long!!
*Can say more than 40 words and surprises us all the time with what he understands. We have some pretty funny conversations.
*Still a great sleeper (thank goodness!) ...
*LOVES to play in the dirt and on the playground.
*LOVES football. Seriously ... he and Jeff were throwing a big football (he doesn't like the tiny ones as much) yesterday and he was doing a great job catching and throwing. He loves to do the "rah-rah ... Go Cougars!" part of the fight song, and he will watch a game on TV. Jeff is so proud :)!
*LOVES to read. He will happily stay in his room reading books, or be playing with his toys and stop to read. I love this because it is something that we share. My favorite part of the day is right after we wake up we snuggle in his chair, covered in a blanket reading.
*His favorite foods are: grapes, strawberries, fruit snacks, yogurt, waffles, eggs, black beans, pizza and milk. And chocolate :)!

I don't want to forget a single minute of him ... he just makes our lives complete. My little sister loves photography (and is pretty darn talented!) and was nice enough to take Landon's 18 month pictures. We love all of them ... but here are a few of our faves.

We love you so much Landon!! Happy 18 Months!

5 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Oh my goodness, he is one handsome little boy!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! He is super handsome!

Cinda said...

Those pictures are cute!

laura said...

don't forget the peanut butter ;) He takes after you.

Stepper the Mighty said...

That Mohawk is AWESOME. I wish my hair did that.