Thursday, September 15, 2011

Numb

When Landon woke up from his nap he started digging through his nightstand drawer. Underneath the books he found his Oragel tooth gel. We haven't used it in a while but he remembered that it goes in his mouth. He acted like he wanted some so I put some on one side and put a bit more on my finger for the other side.

Well, after one side he remembered "oh yeah, I don't like that" and promptly refused the other part. I was stuck ... boy on lap, who is still digging for the perfect book, and no where to wipe the goo.

So what do I do? Yup. I smeared it on my own gums ... I figured I couldn't remember what it was like so why not?

Now, I feel as though I just finished at the dentist. I can't feel anything! I swear my tongue might be twice its normal size and I think the stuff is spreading through my mouth like a strangely mutating virus. And to top it all off I have suspicions that I might be drooling.

It was an interesting post-nap story time to say the least given my current situation. And all I kept thinking was "and they let babies use this stuff?!" (Although I should have probably been thinking "what was I thinking!!")

No comments: