Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

I can't believe it is already the end of August! Where does the time go? And more specifically, why do summers pass so quickly? We've had so much fun these past few weeks ... just enjoying hot, lazy summer days.

Some of our favorite things lately:
* Swimming (both in Grandma's baby pool and the big pools) ... Landon LOVES going down the big slides
* Playing in the dirt ... a little boy's dream
* Playing Dump Trucks (it's a pretty sophisticated game, if you're nice we'll teach you how)
* Going on walks (or rides in his car in Landon's case)
* Playing on the playground ... Landon is a climbing, sliding machine
* Having friends over
* Eating snow cones!

I caught a couple of these in pictures so I must share ...

I can't even describe how much Landon loves dirt ... LOVES it!
We went to get snow cones the other night. Behind the "shack" they have fans that mist water on you. You guessed it ... Landon thought this was incredibly awesome :)! Here he is trying to catch the water ...
And taste the water ... And I finally got them to show off their blue tongues for me :)Playing at Grandma's pool ... I couldn't get these two to both look at the same time :)
(It kind of looks like she's checkin' him out don't you think?)This afternoon we were at Grandma's and I saw a HUGE caterpillar from across the driveway ... they have a pretty big driveway so that is saying something about this bug. I detest bugs, so I called my sister Ale over to pick it up so Landon could look at it (aren't I both an amazing mom and sister ... as demonstrated from the previous statement, ha ha). Here he is checking it out ...
Then he moved in closer ...
Overall he was still a little unsure about touching it (fortunately for that caterpillar I'm sure) ... but he did think it was pretty interesting :)!

How are you spending the "dog days of summer?"

No comments: