Friday, August 5, 2011

My Little Chef

Yesterday I had a hankering for cookies ... okay, cookie dough ... but you know what I mean :). Instead of making them after Landon went to bed like I usually do, I decided we could do it together. My friend Megan wrote a blog post a few weeks ago about making cookies with her little girl, and it looked like so much fun, I thought, why not? And I am so glad I did because we had a great time!

Here is the story of making Oatmeal, Craisin, White Chocolate Chip cookies ... in pictures!
First, we had to get out all the ingredients
Then we had to put all the ingredients together ...
Landon is a really good helper!

Then it was all mixed up! I love how proud
he is to get to help! So cute!!
He watched me putting the dough onto the cookie sheet.
So he opened up the silverware drawer (which was right in front of him),
took out a spoon, and started imitating me :)!

Proof he snuck some cookie dough!!
Totally my son :)!
When I went to put the cookies in the oven and start
cleaning up, Landon decided to get back to that
silverware drawer. Which he unloaded/rearranged ...
this was his response when I caught him :)!

We waited to eat our cookies until Dad got home from scouts. Jeff and I thought they were really tasty ... Landon picked the Craisins out and just ate those with his glass of milk :)! We had so much fun doing this together. I need to find some other easy, fun things for us to make. I'm thinking play dough or something like that would be fun. If you have any suggestions, let me know!

Also, if you get cookies from us ... consider yourself warned that Landon probably helped with them! He's a cooking machine now :)!

1 comment:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Hey Ari! Looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm trying to be better about having McKenna help me even when it's more of and unhelp at times just so we can have moments! The edible playdough is fun:)

Jesica