Friday, February 11, 2011

A Week of Adventure

As Landon has gotten a little older I have been trying to think of more creative, fun things to do with him during the day. Sometimes I worry I am kind of boring (if you saw the way he reacted to Jeff's playing you would agree mine isn't super exciting!). Then I saw my friend Tamsin did a "cabin fever" week on her blog and decided that is just what we needed!

I called it our "adventure week!"

Monday - It was so nice out we took a walk and fed the ducks. I forgot my camera, but it was pretty funny. Mainly because Landon gets really, really serious when he is trying to figure something out. And let me tell you ... waddle-y, quacking ducks really close to his stroller were a sight to behold to him!

Tuesday - This was a big adventure day for us ... so get ready. We went to story time at the library for the first time! It was so cute. Landon was pretty intensely watching the story time lady, and then when the singing started he was bouncing along with the best of them. Love it ...
Capturing this on camera was no small feat considering
he was sitting on my lap and bouncing :)

Before he realized this thing could MOVE on its own...
a moving baby and a moving puppy ... impossible to capture!

Then someone I work with brought in a brand new puppy ... and who can resist that?! So we headed up to take a look. We're pretty sure he thought the puppy was a stuffed animal at first, but then when it was put down and it started walking and wiggling ... you should have seen his face! He was thrilled! The puppy was more terrified of him than anything (and who wouldn't be if you were only 2 lbs and a very enthusiastic 24 lb creature came barreling at you?)

Then (can this day get any more adventurous?!) Jeff came home from work early (he had been at a career fair) and we took a walk as a family. Love those.

Wednesday - Today lacked a big adventure. After 24 hours (yes, hours) of being off an antibiotic for his ear infection we were back at the Dr. It was still raging and he is on yet another antibiotic that is even stronger still. Poor kid.

Thursday - I read in a parenting magazine about letting your kids "paint" their high chair tray with food. How fun is that?! Landon used strawberry yogurt and applesauce ... he was pretty focused and a little confused all at the same time before he decided this was fun! I don't know if he liked moving it around more or squishing it between his fingers. I think the biggest bonus was that it kept him busy and contained to one spot the whole time I made dinner!
Um, I'm not so sure about this mom...

An artist at work...

The masterpiece is finished! (Please note that
he tasted it several times for good measure...)
Friday - Landon got invited to a birthday party tomorrow. So today I had him make the card. A little young? Maybe, but with some help he did pretty good. And I think homemade cards are awfully cute :)!
Apparently card making also includes card tasting!

1 comment:

Tamsin said...

I just discovered this and it made me so happy! We're definitely at the "mom is just not cutting it" stage right now, so I will take all the ideas I can get! :)

Let's get the boys together soon so they can entertain each other.