Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ideas Please...

Jeff and I try to do a date night every week. Sometimes we go out and sometimes we do things at home. But sometimes we run out of ideas ... please tell me we aren't alone here! So I am going to share a few ideas we have (we did a brainstorming night recently) and a few things we have done ... and then PLEASE leave a comment with more ideas. I figure we can all benefit this way :)!

At Home:
*Spa night - who doesn't love a massage, or pedicure/foot rub?!
*Fancy Dinner
*Movie night (Don't get me wrong... I love this one. But sometimes this one is too easy to do and then it ends up not feeling like a date to me...)
*The "would you rather" game (we homemade chocolate covered pretzels too!)
*Cookie bake-off (this one we did with another couple, but it could be fun either way)
*Game night (anything competitive works)

Out:
*Dinner
*Movie
*Art museum (Did you know we have a couple really close that are free? We really aren't art people per se ... but this is one we recently brainstormed so we can try something different. We really want to go see the Graffiti Art exhibit at the Woodbury Museum. But apparently it is mainly open during the day! BAH!)
*Local theater (Again, we have a lot close that is really inexpensive. We haven't done this in a while ... it somehow fell off our radar and we forgot about it! Starting in March there are some good plays starting up around here)
*Sporting event
*Hike
*Picnic

Okay ... now what do you like to do for date night?!

Addendum:

My friend Becca had an awesome idea! She asked me to post anyone who comment's ideas on the post too ... to make it easier for everyone to see. So here are her thoughts:

We like to play cooperative video games together :)

Here's my list of date ideas:
Go shopping and pick out and buy each other an article of clothing
Go to the symphony or opera or ballet
Ice skating
See who can hit the farthest at the driving range
Visit local historical sites
Date night at the observatory
Peruse house plans on the internet and pick out your favorite ones

Once when we were dating we checked out a couple Where's Waldo books from the library and went to the park and laid on blankets and tried to find Waldo.

Kristen said: If you go to http://pensievity.blogspot.com, she is doing a creative date with her husband each week for a year.

5 comments:

Becca said...

We like to play cooperative video games together :)

Here's my list of date ideas:
Go shopping and pick out and buy each other an article of clothing
Go to the symphony or opera or ballet
Ice skating
See who can hit the farthest at the driving range
Visit local historical sites
Date night at the observatory
Peruse house plans on the internet and pick out your favorite ones

Once when we were dating we checked out a couple Where's Waldo books from the library and went to the park and laid on blankets and tried to find Waldo.

I'm writing your ideas down, too! You should add ideas to your blog post if you get more comments!

Kristen said...

If you go to http://pensievity.blogspot.com, she is doing a creative date with her husband each week for a year. So far she has posted a couple awesome ones at http://pensievity.blogspot.com/search/label/Year%20of%20the%20Date.

I need ideas - we mostly just do a movie at home or walk around the mall. We're lame. So I'm glad you are doing this! :)

Janey said...

I think Mark and I would be happy eating out every single time we have a date, lol. It would be fun to change it up once in awhile, but only if we planned a weekly date. Right now it's 1-2 times a month.

Thanks for the ideas!

Cinda said...

I visit the blog datingdivas.blogspot.com. They have a lot of fun ideas. I haven't done any of their ideas, yet, not with this new baby. It is still fun to look at.

Cinda said...

I had the address wrong, but it is on my list. You can check it out.