Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love Day Four

Today's spotlight is on someone Landon loves very much - his teddy bear! When I was in high school my mom came home with a teddy bear. I was a little confused (I was a bit out of the musical teddy bear phase of life) until she explained that it was for my first baby, and being a good mom she tucked it away in my hope chest for "some day."

When "some day" came this year I pulled that bear (she had lovingly wrapped up) out and put him in Landon's crib. A few months ago Landon discovered where his night time music was coming from and it was love. Now they are inseparable at nap time and bed time (and other times if bear gets out of bed).

Bear wears a little night time hat, and recently it had come off, so I had to sew it back on. It was a fight to the finish because Landon wasn't sure I had bear's best interests at heart so I sat on the couch trying to sew his hat on and Landon stood at my knees holding on to bear and watching me a bit warily ... you know ... just in case. The second I finished he took bear back and held him tight. So cute!

Clearly my mom was inspired all those years ago ... because no one compares to bear.

I couldn't decide which I liked more...

I love bear!
OR
Don't even think about messing with him!

1 comment:

Janey said...

Look at that raised eyebrow! Priceless pic. So cute!