Wednesday, February 23, 2011

12 Steps

Is this post about the evils of alcohol? Or perhaps the 12 step road to recovery? Nope.

It is about the 12 steps leading up to my office. Every one of which made me want to cry this morning. Why you ask? Because I tried a new workout class last night at the gym.

And it kicked my butt!

It's called R.I.P.P.E.D. and it stands for all kinds of workout terms (like resistance, interval training, etc. ) as well as being another term for torture. The first exercise we started with I couldn't even DO! It got better (as in, I could perform what was being asked with what looked like a smidgen of competence) and I survived ... the whole hour ... by some miracle.

I'm pretty proud of myself. I can't walk very well. But I survived!

So if you are into torture ... or really want to try something challenging ... or are really interested in looking good for swimsuit season this year (hello, Hawaii!) then come join me!

And if you think it is easy do NOT tell me. Seriously. I would probably cry. And I already want to because now I have to walk to my car and just the thought makes me want to wince!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, that sounds LOVELY. Sounds like there would be no way I could handle it. :) Let me know if it gets easier after a few times...

Welsh Woman said...

Is it at Golds?

The Johnson Family said...

Girl I hear ya.. Although I've stuck with the "easy" classes at the gym and they still kick my butt! One day I'll get enough guts and stamina for the hard classes!

Stepper the Mighty said...

HAHAH! Ari, I love you.

Hopefully by the endish of summer, I'll be tough enough to attempt something so grueling with you! I miss our Zumba classes. :P

Oh. And Ari? You are Hawaii ready. Seriously. You look SO GOOD! And you are so beautiful. Every time I see you, I get a little amazed.

But I am fiendishly jealous of how long your hair is.

So not fair.

Jessica said...

I KNOW how that goes! The very first time I worked out with a trainer, I couldn't even move at all without being in massive amount of pain.