Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A weekend review ... and big news!!

We had a busy and fun weekend! Friday night we finished up the Parade of Homes. It was so fun ... the last house we saw looked like a castle. I'm really not kidding. There were two sets of armor outside the master bedroom and everything ... you know ... just in case Highland, Utah ever comes under siege. There was also a theater, dance studio and indoor swimming pool. It was pretty amazing, and so fun to look at! I wish we would have gotten a picture of it.

Saturday I helped throw a baby shower for a good friend. The theme was relaxation (who doesn't need to relax before a newborn joins the family?!) and I think everyone had a good time! We made homemade face masks and body scrub. To protect the innocent I won't post pictures of my friends with facemasks on :)! However ... the momma-to-be, Carolyn is welcome to ... I figure you get extra privileges when you are 38 weeks preggo.

Saturday night we got to see my cousin, Thatcher who was up here to run the Ragnar. And he got to meet Landon for the first time! We went out to dinner and then did a little shopping ... which I LOVE!

Sunday was Father's Day! It was so fun to get to celebrate my dad AND Jeff both this year!! We made Jeff breakfast (let me tell you ... Landon is SO helpful when cooking), and gave him a golf log book and a coupon to the driving range. Landon is very excited to start his golfing career :)! That night we went to my parent's house and grilled steaks. Okay, they actually grilled their own steaks while my mom and I made everything else. It was a fun, relaxing night ... and I hope they both know how much they are loved!

Landon and Daddy!!
Landon thought both Grandpa and Grandma were hilarious!
And in other big news in the Terry house this week ... Landon rolled over for the first time!! Tuesday Landon was hanging out on his tummy. I could tell he was close to rolling so I showed him how then put him back on his stomach ... and he proceeded to roll two times in a row! Now he hasn't done it since ... but I am certain he'll be a rolling machine soon!

Here he is in the "I'm thinking about it" position:
And in other big news (who knew our lives were so exciting?!) Ellie got a haircut ... like really cut! The whole fam now looks summer-y.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I don't even have any of the pictures! But you are welcome to post them if you'd like! :) It was such a blast!

Tamara said...

Way to go Landon - that is so much more fun than just laying on your tummy!