Sunday, June 6, 2010

Parade of Homes

When I was little my parents would take me to the Parade of Homes. We loved it! It seemed so magical - I remember one house in particular (I must have been 5 or 6ish) and there was a whole ROOM full of beautiful dolls. To a little girl that seemed like the coolest thing possible. I have wanted to go since Jeff and I got married, but each year something managed to come up and we just never made it. So this year when Jacqueline said how much they wanted to go we jumped at the chance to join them. It just started on Friday and we went to 5 homes yesterday (we figured we needed to get started early to really see several ... and get our money's worth).

It has been really fun so far. I didn't realize they have homes participate of all sizes. Yesterday we saw a townhouse (a tiny bit fancier than the one we live in :)!), a couple of smaller homes, a twin home that re-defined what twin home could be (wow!), and a huge, gorgeous home that was almost too beautiful to really be true. Personally we really love the huge ones ... you know the kind ... where you drive up and it just takes your breath away. I'm sure we love them for the same reasons why my parents went so many years ago ... to dream about the future. Although for some of those homes the future would need to include winning the lottery ... but hey ... no reason not to dream big :)!

It has been fun to go with Jacqueline and Scott also. They, like us, love to look at houses in general so we have good discussions about what we liked, didn't like, etc. We are excited to look at more over the few weeks. And if you are interested at all, I encourage you to go - it is a really fun experience.

1 comment:

FrederickBovee0722麗玲 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.