Friday, June 25, 2010

One of Those Days

Do you ever have "one of those days?" You know the type ... maybe things go wrong, maybe it's just a long day, or maybe weird things happen to you. Wednesdays are like that for me. Now, don't get me wrong ... it isn't every Wednesday ... as a general rule Wednesday is a fine day. But if I have "one of those days" during my week it is inevitably on a Wednesday.

This one was no exception.

The day in general was pretty long, boring and ho-hum in general. Nothing too exciting went on. That evening Jeff fed Landon his 6 pm bottle. After he finished I sat him on my lap and started chatting with him. Then he puked. I'm not talking little baby spit up that is quickly taken care of with a burp cloth. Nope. He gave me back a sizable portion of his bottle ... down my shirt. It must have taken considerable aim to get it down there underneath all my layers. He was very pleased with the outcome.

Here is our culprit. Do not be fooled by the innocent look. He is guilty as charged:
It's a good thing he is so cute huh?!

After I washed all that off me and changed everything from my waist up (like I said ... thorough job) we went for a little walk. We were just walking along and talking when ... a BIRD POOPED ON MY ARM. Seriously?! Seriously. That is some fantastic aim. Although to the bird's credit he probably wasn't trying to ... then again ... maybe he was. I didn't get a picture of him to really be able to assess his guilt. But rest assured it happened.

I thought Jeff was going to die laughing. Once I wiped it off I started laughing too ... and then we finished our walk.

3 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Oh. The bird TOTALLY meant to.

I think I actually read somewhere once that birds prefer to poop on things - that they DO try to take aim - and that they usually try to poop on something they find pretty. Which is why they're always pooping on bright, colorful cars.

So really, it was a compliment.

Tamara said...

oh yuck! Landon is cute, by my guess is the bird wasn't half as cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we're over the puking phase over here. Casper once puked into his daddy's mouth. No THAT was fun.

Bird poop is horrid :/