Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Last Saturday Jeff and I decided to celebrate the start of fall by visiting a Pumpkin Patch! It was really fun! We went to the Red Barn in Santaquin - a very cute place if you haven't been. First, we went on a "hay ride" out to the pumpkin patch. However, this is the only downfall ... there isn't actually hay on this ride. It's a big wagon being pulled by a tractor. Fun all the same ... but hay-less. I just want to share this information just in case you decide to go down and have your hopes up for hay.

Then we picked out this fall's most perfect pumpkins!

Then we rode back to the Red Barn and looked around the little gift shop. I found the most delicious-smelling fall candle. Cranberries and Cinnamon ... every time I inhale it makes me happy that the air is crisp and the the leaves are changing.

We also indulged in a little of their homemade ice cream - they have a lot of treats if you don't feel like ice cream they all looked equally delicious!

Overall it was quite fun and a great way to usher in this new season!

Sorry there aren't any pictures, I assure you they are very cute. But Blogger won't let me upload them ... annoying! I'll try again tomorrow, but for now this will have to do!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oops! Sorry if we gave you the wrong impression about the ride! :) That place is so cute. Glad you guys had fun!

Emily said...

We went there last year and it was so much fun! (Our hay ride actually had hay. And it's a good thing because Elise feel during the ride and the hay cushioned the fall.)

Cinda said...

I love this time of year, too.