Monday, October 19, 2009

Enjoying Fall

We've had the most beautiful fall weather lately ... we just love it! I'm not sure it could get any prettier with the leaves changing and the sun making the mountains look like they are on fire. We decided to really enjoy it this last Sunday, so as soon as we got home from church we packed up the car with all the fixings for a dutch oven dinner and headed up Hobble Creek Canyon. We had so much fun!! It was so pretty, and the weather was perfect. Dinner tasted delicious ... Jeff is a master dutch oven-er. We played Frisbee in the fallen leaves and took a walk down to the little river. It was so relaxing and fun ... easily one of the best days I've had in ages!

Isn't it beautiful up there? It's always hard to decide which color of leaves is my favorite ... Sunday I said yellow, but looking at this picture I think it is just the mixture and contrast of all of them!
Jeff cooking dinner for us ... he's a pro!
Ellie enjoying the leaves. It was seriously all I could do to get her to hold still long enough to take this :)!
Us ... so happy to be outside enjoying the fall!

2 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

So fun!

I love the canyon in the fall. The canyon IS fall to me.

You guys are adorable!

Matt and Carolyn said...

It has been a super nice fall this year! Beautiful leaves and mild weather. looks like fun!