Sunday, August 12, 2012

The beginning of "see you later" ...

Tonight dear friends threw us a "going away" party. It was such a touching night - to see people who mean so much to us gather in one place to send us off on this next chapter in our lives. There were more delicious treats than I could count (all chocolate ... do these people know me or what?!) and it was at a playground. I'm pretty sure Landon was in heaven - all those friends to play with! We had such a fun time just handing out and chatting while watching the kiddos play. It was so wonderful that I can't think about it too much, or I will burst into tears! While we are excited to move and to have Jeff's drive cut in half, we are so heartbroken to leave Spanish Fork.

But we don't plan to say good bye. We insist we are only saying "see you later" because each of these people mean way too much to us to say goodbye to! But this does make the move seem so much more real all of a sudden.

I don't have all the pictures yet, but these were a few Ale snapped with her phone while we were there.
Thank you Carolyn ... and everyone who came to make us feel so special!

No comments: