Sunday, August 19, 2012

It's the little things

The chaos of the last few weeks has been overwhelming. There has been so much to do with both our town home and our new house that in and of itself is overwhelming. And on top of that it's been two of the busiest weeks of work possible. I realized though that I have been getting impatient with everything, in a time when I should be only thinking about how blessed we are.

I mean - doesn't Landon in his two-year-old's wisdom understand that we don't have time to stop and blow on the dandelion-seed plant to watch them blow? I have stuff to do! And it needs to be done NOW! (Parent of the year, I know!)

You get my point. It is a huge blessing that we are so busy right now, and I need to focus instead on all the little things that are wonderful (aside from the big things).

My list:

*Landon running up to me yesterday while we were at our new house and saying "I LOVE new house!" That's his new thing - to "love" things. He has no idea what changes are coming in this next week, but loving the new house is good place to have a new beginning from!

*Paper towel dispensers that just keep spitting out paper towels. I'm not into wasting the environment- please don't misunderstand. But I hate it when I have to wave my wet hand and practically dance in front of the paper town machine to get one little one dispensed.

*Neighbor kids. When we were in Primary today we were learning a song that talks about "trying to love my neighbor, learning to serve my friends" and the picture prompt was someone helping another person move. Our neighbor boy Tyler proudly raised his hand and said "I'm helping MY neighbors move!" Thanks, buddy. Another neighbor, Addi walked up to me after and told me she would miss me. So sweet!

* My family has driven back and forth so many times to help it is ridiculous. And before we had the appraisal done on our town home my dad came over and cleaned our showers and toilets. He didn't want me near the chemicals while pregnant and Jeff's back is bad again and he can't bend over easily. That's love folks.

* All of the friends who plan to come help with the big furniture next week. They know Jeff can't lift things so they are more than willing to give up their Saturday morning for us.

* A boy who was in my primary class a while ago who is now one of Jeff's 11-year-old Scouts coming up to me after Primary today and thanking me for playing the piano each week and saying goodbye. How many 11-year-old boys do you know that do things like that? What good kid!

* Friends who practically beg me to let Landon come play so I can get things done.

* Jeff buying tickets to the "Carpenter's Tribute" at the Scera Theater. I love the Carpenters! I was worried about how on earth we were going to pull off going to that this week of all weeks. But Jeff arranged everything so we can sneak off by ourselves. Which, I don't think we've done for several weeks now, so it will be extra nice!

* And today when Landon stopped to blow on the dandelion weed instead of rushing him along I bent over and took a picture instead. So cute! (However, if there are immense amounts of dandelions in Utah next spring, I'm afraid I know why!)



1 comment:

Kristen said...

Can't imagine how busy you are right now - and pregnant on top of everything!!! Super woman.

On the way home from church today I asked Camie if she sang any fun songs today, and she said "we sang Trying to be Like Jesus for Ari because she is moving". So sweet. That's my favorite primary song.

Eric told me that he wants to come on Saturday and help out - what time???