Monday, May 14, 2012

A Mother's Day Play-by-Play

8:45: Wake up (yep, wake up ... isn't sleeping in delicious!). I then relaxed and read in bed. I could hear some activity going on downstairs and figured I would be summoned when Jeff and Landon were ready for me.


9:00: Landon burst through my bedroom door wearing his Thomas the Train apron over his Thomas the Train jammies (naturally). He proudly announced "Mooooom - wunch!" I asked him "Did you make mommy Lunch or Breakfast?" And he replied "Brecktast!" I appropriately oohed and ahhhed over the prospect before asking him "What did you make me?" And he answered "Pa-cakes!" So downstairs we went. And they were probably the best "pa-cakes" ever. Jeff is a master pancake maker and has taught Landon well. In fact Jeff was making syrup and Landon mixed the pancakes up pretty independently!


9:30: I got to take a super long shower with no interruptions. And get ready for as long as I wanted to. Those two things alone are priceless.


11:20: Played for the sweetly singing Primary children while the wowed the Sacrament meeting audience with their musicality.


12:30: Jeff and I got to go to Sunday School together!! Thanks to Landon staying in nursery and the fact that I got released from being a Primary teacher. I can't tell you how much I love sitting by my man and enjoying a good lesson!


1:45: After an much-needed mini-lesson on prayer the RS sisters were ordered out to the pavilion for a delicious treat. Cheesecake? Don't mind if I do. I even got to snuggle a certain friend's adorable 3 week old baby while chatting. That's way better than something to take home in my book!!


2:45: Landon was down for a nap and I got to lounge around while Jeff scurried around making dinner. Then I proceeded to lounge outside the in the sunshine. Essentially there was a lot of lounging going on. 


5:15ish: My family arrived for dinner. Can I just tell you ... Jeff is a rock star. The menfolk are in charge of all things dinner for Mother's day and because my dad doesn't cook this falls on Jeff to take care of. And he does it right! Rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes, asparagus ... and homemade peach cobbler. My dad brought frozen rolls (they were still good) and had my mom make beans. Poor dad ... we've given up on his culinary skills completely :)!


6:30: While that peach cobbler was getting all bubbly in the oven we opened presents. Landon opened mine for me with gusto! He picked out the cutest Woody (from Toy Story) card ever. And decorated it with Lightning McQueen stamps. He picked out the book "Love you Forever" which I have been really wanting (he takes a hint well!) and because we love to read together. He also picked out "Forget Me Not" by Elder Uckdorf. He told Jeff "Gamma mom too" at the store (he remembered getting it for his Grandmas and thought I needed it to) Smart boy. I almost bought myself a copy I love it so much :)! Jeff gave me a beautiful pot of flowers.


8:00: A VERY tired Landon was tucked into bed and my family was heading home (with the main attraction asleep there isn't a lot to stick around for)


10:00: A VERY tired mom headed to bed herself feeling very, very loved.  


1 comment:

Tamsin North said...

Oh, I saw you snuggling that baby!

Happy mother's day, friend. Sounds like you had a good one :)