Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Driving Confessions

1. I have road rage. Example: Yesterday we were headed to breakfast. The car in front of us was lolly-gagging and basically just being dumb. And I was hungry (not a good combo, I assure you). So I reached across Jeff (who was driving) and honked the horn. And when they turned to look (seriously, it was so slow it was like they were moving in slow motion ... and they were in between me and breakfast) I gave them the evil eye. I feel like people need to know when they are being dumb. It's a service really.


2. Jeff thinks I'm a terrible driver. I protest this loudly. I'm actually a good driver (compare our records...). Unless it's at night. And then I'm (not-so-secretly-anymore) slightly terrified to drive.  


3. I have been known to sing at the top of my lungs while driving when a good late 90s-early 2000s song comes on. I usually know the words to them better than anything super trendy (unless it is Popcorn Popping ... and then I nail it every time).


4. I also love singing to honky-tonk sort of country (again, top of my lungs). And I picture myself in Wranglers dancing at said honky-tonk the whole time (and in these daydreams I look like and can dance like Julianne Hough in the new Footloose. Only , I really don't at all, which is why it's a daydream). It's pretty awesome. Betcha wish you could be there.


5. My only downfall when driving long distances is that I have a tendency to get sleepy... so it's best to catch me during the day, for short distances. Then? I'm amazing.


Really, the most important thing to remember from this post, is don't be a dumb driver. Especially if we are on the road together when I'm hungry. I will honk at you. And give you the evil eye. It's pretty scary. 

4 comments:

Abby Killam said...

Hahahahaha this post totally made me laugh! I do the same thing and I tell mike that it's important to honk so that they know what they are doing is wrong/annoying. :) I support you!!!

Matt said...

Oh my goodness, sooo funny. Mostly because I canNOT imagine you leaning over and honking the horn at someone, while Jeff is driving. Hilarious!

Matt said...

Oh, that was Carolyn, btw. :)

Janey - UtValleyFoodie said...

Also important, don't be a passenger in a car you are driving at night over a long distance...

Really though, lolly-gaggers drive me crazy too! I'm not asking them to speed or anything, just go and get on with it!