Monday, July 18, 2011

T Minus 4 ...

That's right folks ... we leave for Hawaii in FOUR days. Crazy!! My to-do list is also coming in at the number four. Four pages that is :)! Coincidence? Probably.

You know how they say you forget the bad parts about having a baby (you know, like how the baby actually got delivered)? I don't think it's true. I actually vividly remember labor and delivery. All. Of. It. But what sticks out so much more is the end result. Therefore, the rest was totally worth it.

(Stick with me here ... this is a metaphor not an announcement ...)

I hate to pack. HATE IT. I stress in ways no one should (and really probably no one else does) about what to pack, how to pack, are my bags overweight?, how long will it take me to get all this stuff unloaded and through security?, the list goes on and on. However, I LOVE to travel. Love it. Even though I vividly remember packing for our big vacation last year (with a baby in tow for the first time - and holy cow do they need a lot of stuff!), I remember even more how much fun we had. I have a few pictures from that very trip on my calendar for this month. Those memories are funny, wonderful, and priceless all wrapped up in one. Therefore ... I pack!

Today I went to Wal-Mart and came home with an immense amount of snacks, a floatie, more sunscreen (you can never have too much!), and some bathroom items. In travel size of course. I could spend hours in the travel-size aisle ... I was actually miffed that Wal-Mart's selection was getting picked over for the summer and I didn't have as much to pick from. Pathetic, I know.

We have spent approximately 1.5 million hours shopping, packing and organizing ... and making arrangements for Ellie, the fish, our plants, etc. And making list of what we are going to do!! I LOVE making lists ...

This week (other than packing and organizing) I'm checking my "appointments" off my list. There are an immense amount of beauty treatments involved when one is planning to spend 10 days on the beach. Take my word for it.

For 4 more days I will be a stress case. And then ...
We'll be in Hawaii!!! And nothing else will matter!!! YAY!!!!

No comments: