Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Travel Day

Once upon a time I was the sophisticated traveler. You know the type ... cool, collected and completely put together. I wore pencil skirts or slacks and high heels.

That was then.

Yesterday I probably looked like something the cat drug in. We woke up really early and left for the airport by 6. Landon did great on the first flight! He was fascinated by the process ... especially looking out the window. But he did a lot of climbing over all of us the entire flight :)!

We had a four hour layover (yes, you read that right!) in Dallas. This was actually SUPER lucky. One of my best friends - Yissel - lives 15 min. from the Dallas airport. She came and picked us up, we grabbed lunch and played with her kids and chatted at her house. It was a much needed break!! If you aren't familiar with Texas weather, though, it is killer! It was hot and so, so humid! It made me miss the desert!

I could tell Landon was getting really tired at this point. I held him and insisted he try to sleep. Luckily he did ... and it was a very quiet flight!! A much needed time out for all of us.

By the time we got off the plane, though, we were really hot and sweaty. We looked awesome :)! But we made it! We checked out the rental car (it's approximately the size of a peanut) and got the car seat put in (worst car seat EVER ... I'm totally anxious about Landon sitting in it), and got checked into the hotel (very nice and air conditioned!). Success!!

We miss Jeff. A lot. But if I can't have him with us, then I'm so glad I have his mini-me version along. Even if I look and feel a bit crazy on the plane :)! Heels weren't really that comfortable to travel in anyways :)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 Layovers!?!? What a woman! How fun to get away and stay in a hotel - I love hotel living (but only for a little bit). Have fun!!!

Tamsin North said...

Traveling with small children is never easy, but isn't it great when it's not as bad as you feared? :)