Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love at First Sight

Today Landon and my grandma met each other for the very first time in person. It was love at first sight!! (Don't mind Landon's expression ... he was snacking and had very full cheeks :)!)
I have been really excited for this day for a long time. My grandma and I have always been close. She is an amazing lady and one of my biggest examples. Her life hasn't been easy. But no matter what has come her way she has prevailed. And on top of that she raised four wonderful daughters (no easy feat in and of itself!) most importantly my own mom who is so much like her!

When I was born my grandma was there to help my parents adjust to being brand new parents. She often took the night shift so they could get some sleep (I had my days and nights mixed up), and has always been one of my biggest cheerleaders.

When I got married she took the train all the way from Iowa to Utah (she doesn't fly). That is a LONG ride. But she said she wouldn't miss it for the world. Love that.

When Landon was born she sent him adorable outfits and called regularly to see how we were doing, and to find out all about him. Her condo is filled with his pictures. She has loved him for forever ... and now she has met him in person!

Here is a picture of Landon playing with uncle James ... it's very cute how they play together!
And for your enjoyment a couple of Iowa-isms:

*As an appetizer at dinner we ate deep fat fried balls of creamed corn. They were actually delicious.
* When I told the lady at the front desk that I needed a crib in our room she said "I hate our crib" and acted very put out by the whole thing. And I had to pay $10 per day for it. Seriously. Customer service isn't a strong point.
* A large tractor is what was moving the Fourth of July carnival booths/rides into place. In the middle of town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your first picture got me all teary-eyed!!! My Gram has a special place in my heart too so I think that's sooo sweet! Sounds like you're having fun!