Thursday, June 23, 2011

Professions to Ponder

Before I had Landon I would read articles where an actor/dancer/Olympic athlete's parent would say they just knew since they were a baby that they were going to turn into whatever they had become (always including a picture of them as a tot in the appropriate get-up). I ate it up ... especially when I was pregnant ... trying to picture who Landon would be and what I would be able to predict from his babyhood. Then I had him and I realized that babies have lot of interests and talents ... and as far as I can tell there really isn't a way to determine future profession. But if there were ... based on Landon's current skills here are some possibilities for his future (in no particular order).

*Olympic Swimmer - he has no fear of the water ... to the point where it is scary!
*Rescue Diver - please see above
*Dentist - he is obsessed with oral hygine. He already has an "electric" toothbrush because once he saw ours his normal one simply wasn't good enough.
*Doctor - he is very into labeling body parts. Thankfully it is mainly his eyes, ears, tummy and nose.
*Football player - He LOVES balls and I'm pretty sure he is built like a lineman. And as a bonus he already knows how to throw a football. So clearly we are on our way...
*Professional wrestler - just as his friend next door - she suffers through a lot of him practicing his moves.
*Movie Star - he loves to wave and blow kisses ... and he's pretty vain :)!
I am confident Landon can do anything he sets his mind to ... and I'll support him fully no matter what. However, if he becomes famous for one of these things, I plan to say I knew it from the time he was an infant.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Reagan will definitely vouch for his pro wrestling skills! :)
And I've seen him throw a football, he is pretty darn good...

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

you've just gotta get pictures of him doing all of them, so you can supply the picture for proof. sounds like a lot of possibilities! hope he's not confused in college!:)

laura said...

Oh my gosh, love this entry. You crack me up :) I'd settle for the doctor or a dentist. I'm dying to see his electric toothbrush!!!