Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Superheroes

In our house this week there have been a couple of Superheroes. I woke up Sunday morning with a high fever and alternating between full-body shakes and sweating like I was in a sauna. It is SUCH a horrible feeling. I was completely down and out ... enter my superheroes!

Jeff was super dad on Sunday and every second he has been home ... he has gotten up with Landon every time he has been awake, took care of me and still been at work during the day.

My mom. Wow - we are lucky she lives so close!! She came in Monday and Tuesday (with plans to come back tomorrow too!) and took care of both of us all day! She fed, changed, soothed and held Landon ... and made me toast, insisted I sleep more and did laundry and vacuumed for me! I simply couldn't have done it without her.

So, as you can tell I am really grateful for these two! Landon has gotten some seriously good Grandma and Dad time ... which is wonderful for them ... but it breaks my heart to have to stay away from him! So here's hoping I get better soon!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Mastitis? I had the fever and shakes when I had it the week after Lindsay was born.

Lindsay said...

Ah, that sounds horrible. Hope you are healing quickly!

Jake and Megan said...

Oh my gosh - I'm so sorry. That's terrible. I hope you get feeling better soon and remember - I'm only a few minutes away! If you need anything PLEASE let me know!

Cinda said...

I hope you feel better soon. It's hard being sick with a new baby. Glad you had some help.