Monday, March 8, 2010

The Countdown Begins...

Sometime in the next 1 1/2 weeks-ish (give or take a bit) we will have a baby. AH! I was thinking about this over the weekend, and it still seems really unreal to me. I vividly remember the day we found out we were pregnant (does anyone forget that day?!). It was 10 pm when we "found out" and I didn't believe it completely (that pink line seemed awfully faint), so we went to sleep. Okay ... I don't think either of us slept much that night. I wanted to retake the test the next morning, so I woke Jeff up at 4 am. That time there was NO mistaking the line. We tried to go back to sleep, but ended up getting up to work out sometime right after 5. Wow ... that seems like so long ago now.

Now that I'm facing the end of this experience, I am actually really sad. I know everyone talks about how done they were by the end ... but I am going to miss this. Now, I will be the first to admit that I have had world's best and easiest pregnancy, which I am sure is affecting my opinion about this, but overall I just think it is a very cool experience. I really, really love being pregnant. I have never gotten bored of watching my stomach jump around, or of feeling him move. Don't get me wrong ... I am excited to make fewer trips to the bathroom and to be able to breathe again ... but overall I love it.

So even though I am really nervous about the next step ... let the countdown begin!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I am so, so excited for you! I can't wait to see your little man!

Welsh Woman said...

I know exactly what you mean about enjoying pregnancy, it really is so special to feel them move around.
Having them here is just as fun though. I hope you have an easy labor without any drama :)

Cinda said...

You'll do great. The first one is always a learning experience. Hopefully he will be here by the time we come up on the 19th! We want to meet him.

Abby Killam said...

so so exciting for you both! I can not wait to hear stories and see pictures of the "little Jeff"
Hug him for me and good luck with everything- it will be amazing!!