Monday, June 29, 2009

Aloha!

To get into the spirit of Summer we decided to throw a little Hawaiian Luau Dinner Party for a few friends. We had so much fun! I love planning parties, making the invites, deciding on the food and having people over! I can't ever tell if everyone is having as much fun as I am ... but I sure hope so!

We ate Hawaiian Haystacks and grilled pineapple for dessert ... and then played a game that revealed a lot about each couple :)

It looks like dinner turned out good ...

Here are a few of our favorite people enjoying that grilled pineapple:
Thank you for coming ... and getting into the spirit of things and dressing up! Aloha everyone!!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Remember that Luau at Heritage? I'm sure the one you threw was much, much better :)

Jake and Megan said...

Thanks for inviting us Ari. We had so much fun!! And thanks to my awesome hubby for sharing WAY too much information with you all. I feel a little closer to everyone now. :)

Stepper the Mighty said...

Ari - The Luau was SO fun. I loved every minute of it. And I loved your games. And not just because we won (what do you MEAN there were no winners?). I especially liked Jake's "overshare" and I have to admit - after Scott's story, I don't take walking around barefoot on the carpet for granted, anymore. It DOES feel nice!

Mostly it was such a great time to be out with adults - sans kids - and be pampered by your amazing hostessing skills. The invites were adorable. The food delicious. The atmosphere perfect. And I think I ate all your coconut. You're welcome.

Carolyn said...

So much fun! I just wish we had been able to stay the whole time! We really should do it again sometime :)