Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Pointless Work

I have a big window right in front of my desk. Occasionally I find myself looking out it - a great office view is hard to find. And this one is of Mt. Timpanogos. However, today I wasn't admiring the stunning peak ... instead I was watching the crew who is working on putting in new water pipes around New Haven.

They are rather ineffective at times. Case in point: I watched a man on a large, tractor/Caterpillar-like machine moving little pieces of sod. I didn't know a machine such as that could grab onto little pieces of sod and move them three feet. I'm no expert, but the last time I checked moving sod was easier if you just got off the machine and picked them up and tossed them. This process went on and on ... and I probably could have walked out and done it in a third of the time. But then I couldn't have watched :)!

No comments: