Sunday, June 14, 2009

Running through the Rain

I'm not sure what happened to April showers bringing May flowers ... Mother nature seems to be running late this year since we are having June showers ... which I still have my fingers crossed that my flowers will survive and will still be alive for July sunshine :)!

On Friday night Jeff took me to Beauty and the Beast at the outdoor Scera theater. They did such a good job! They are a local group that puts on shows in the park ... it's such a fun summer-night time activity. Before we left I suggested that we grab the umbrella that is normally in the car, but had made its way into the kitchen (because it has rained all week!). Jeff said he was sure it wouldn't rain. Then when we got out of the car I suggested we grab a third blanket (the one that has one side that is waterproof). Jeff again said, no ... it won't rain...

During act one they had to stop the play for about 10 min. to let the RAIN pass :). It wasn't too bad and we were laughing through the whole thing.

Then in the last 5 minutes of the show the downpour started. Talk about a mass-exodus!! We were gathering up all of our stuff and running as hard as we could! It was so funny ... and downright fun! When was the last time you ran through a summer rainstorm?

In the end I am so glad we didn't have the umbrella or that extra blanket (even though it has been fun to tease Jeff about!) because then we would have been too prepared and might have missed the fun memory of running through the rain :)!

No comments: