Friday, July 3, 2009

Domesticated

Sometimes our husbands like to get together and chat ... they talk about all sorts of things ... one being a big joke ... how to "domesticate" their workaholic, career-driven wives. As the wives we think it is pretty amusing for a couple of reasons: How are they going to domesticate us? ... And who has time to be domestic?

Well today folks, I was DOMESTIC.

A couple of things helped. 1. I had the day off ... which means I have 3 days instead of 2 to get everything done that I can't ever do mid-week and 2. Jeff had a golf "play-date" scheduled so I had a morning to myself

Before noon I (drumroll please) ... went to the gym, did the laundry (there were a few loads!), vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the bathrooms and the kitchen ... and still called a friend who just had a baby and chatted with a neighbor!

Amazing ... I know :)

I still like the team-work approach we generally take better (probably because I hate doing laundry and dishes) but I'm feeling mighty proud of myself.

Domestic Diva status here I come :)

2 comments:

Stephie said...

now you just need to add kids to the picture!! :)

Matt and Carolyn said...

Wow Ari, I am so impressed! Your husband must have the trick down hahaha. :) That was hilarious! Now I just need to figure it out myself (or is it Matt??) :)