Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Three Fantastic Years!

We just celebrated our three year anniversary! Three years ... wow! It has gone so fast, I can't even believe it. Last year we decided to take turns planning what we would do to celebrate and this year was Jeff's "year." He did such a fantastic job! He made reservations at the Washington School Inn in Park City. If you haven't ever stayed there it is a must. It is so adorable! It was one of the three schools in Park City and was used until 1931. Each of the rooms is named after a former teacher and everything is so old! Even the hot tub is down in the basement area and surrounded by rock. Very cool ... And they have a New York trained chef making breakfast and appetizers in the evenings - both were very yummy. We walked around Main Street and then ate dinner at Ruth's Chris. Their chocolate explosion is the best ... gooey and chocolaty ... my favorite! I love getting all dressed up (and Jeff knows this) so it was really fun that he picked a fancy restaurant. This is a pic of us looking anniversary-fabulous.

Our anniversary seems to bring fall on ... it poured when we were there. So we opened up our windows and listened to the rain! The next morning we took our time getting ready and eating breakfast.

Tuesday was our actual anniversary. I had a dinner to go to for work, so we didn't get to see each other much ... but Jeff was super sweet and had flowers and a card waiting when I got home and then took me out for dessert! I took a pic of my flowers, but the computer is doing something weird and won't load it ... they are beautiful ... red, orang and yellow! Man ... I have a lot to live up to next year when it is my turn!

Looking back though, it has been a pretty amazing three years. I couldn't ask for a better husband ... or best friend. I am really one lucky girl!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Sounds like you guys had a great anniversary! I'll have to try that chocolate explosion thing sometime. Sounds amazing!

Merilee said...

Happy Anniversary a day late! I'm glad you were able to have a fun get away together. Good job Jeff!

Nivette said...

Ohh, we stayed there for OUR third anniversary, too. How funny. We loved it :)

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

happy anniversary! I can't believe it's been 3 years...and still going strong!:)