Thursday, August 28, 2008

4 Phones

I own 4 phones. FOUR! That is craziness. When I got the fourth deposited on my desk, I just felt this was too crazy not to share. Do your remember, once upon a time, when your family just had a house phone? If you weren't there, someone left you a message, and there wasn't anything else they could do about it until you got home to check it. Then came those huge car phones. I remember when my dad got one for work. It was so cool.

Now, we don't even have a land line at home. And surprisingly neither do my parents. However, I seem to be extra blessed in the phone category, because as mentioned earlier I have 4 phones people can reach me on day and night. I even have photographic evidence...

These are my two landlines at work. The one on the right is the original phone in my office ... the one where Megan transferred my calls to if someone happened to call me on our main number. The one on the left is the newest addition ... It's going to do something fancy so our entire company can act as if we are all in one office, even though we are across the country. Amazing technology. It will even email me wav files of my messages. Unfortunately the bugs aren't worked out yet. So it keeps telling me I have two messages, but I can't check them. Amazing, since no one has the number except the IT guy who set it up. Always a problem.

Then come my cell phones. My personal cell is on the left. LOVE IT! And I won't ever be able to give it up. I've had the same number since college ... and "in" minutes are a life-saver. I can talk and text Jeff and my whole family as much as I want. Even my grandma has "in" minutes on her cell phone. Who would have ever thought? That communication is priceless! My blackberry and I have a love/hate relationship. I love that I am instantly connected to every call and email ... but it also can be annoying - as you can imagine :)! But I literally live by that thing ... and do more work on it than my laptop (I talk on it a lot for work!) ... and Jeff is constantly trying to beat the Brick-breaker game when we are at home.

So that is my highly-communicative life! Who would have ever thought one phone wasn't enough!

6 comments:

Jesse and Tiffany said...

LOL I know Jesse has three. Its totally retarded.

Carolyn said...

I think you are a little *too* reachable. :) yikes! I sometimes dread when just my one phone rings!

Merilee said...

I just got a dare and McKenna loves it so much I haven't had time to even check it out. We missed you yesterday, but thanks for thinking of Marin. By the way - I tagged you.

Cinda said...

I would hate having four phones! I think three kids yelling "mom" all the time is enough. Except when Alee says it. It's so cute!

Hali said...

Ha ha... I love it. But, I think I'm gonna stick my two phones. I think it's bad enough that people can reach me at my every waking moment. Who needs one more form of communication!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, you are all grown up! PS, love the new phone, it will do wonders for you, I am sure. It certainly looks better than the old one. And isn't that why we upgrade?