Tuesday, August 12, 2008

This one's for MY girls!

So the last few days have been all about me hanging out with my favorite girls! Saturday I went to see Mama Mia with my mom, sister, aunt, cousin and a family friend. We went to Brick Oven and then to the movie. It was so fun!! The movie is adorable ... and I totally recommend it ... as long as you understand they are going to sing a lot. I really only knew two Abba songs going in to it, but still loved it. It is a funny, touching story about love, family relationships and following your dreams ... and it is set in the beautiful Greece (it is on the must visit list!)! We had SO much fun ... I'm glad they are all here to hang out with ... and am grateful for the opportunity to have them all close!

Last night was another fun night! All my college roommates got together. They are such fantastic, fun girls - I have totally missed them! Becca lives in Tennessee with her husband Peter and their little girl Lindsay (more on her later!) and they happened to be in town ... so it was cause for a reunion! We got Cafe Rio take out (yum) and had rich, delicious desserts and sat around for hours talking, reminiscing and laughing.

We covered pretty much every topic ... from old boyfriends to future plans. We have all changed so much, but it is funny how we all just meshed like we did back then as if it were yesterday. And I happen to think we have gotten better with age ... like we have more to give to each other and less to prove.

I certainly can't really tell what was really talked about ... but I will give a brief update on what each lovely lady is doing: Missy and her husband Lance live in Lehi and are expecting their first little girl - yay! She's an amazing teacher ... and I know she'll be an even better mom. Veronica just got home from a mission to Oakland, California a few months ago and now works with missionary visa's for the Church. We always knew she would be saving the world :)! Becca, Peter and Lindsay have left us to live in Tennessee where Peter just finished up Law School (congrats Peter!). They are such a cute family! And Becca has inspired us all with her mom stories and her adorable Lindsay. Lindsay was hilarious! She loved Ellie ... and kept saying "puppy" to get Ellie to play and follow her around. At one point we looked over and she was sitting on the floor in front of Ellie's bowls throwing the food and water up in the air. Ellie just stared, very confused and trying really hard to eat it as fast as it was thrown. It was SO adorable and funny! I seriously almost died laughing. So cute!

Overall it was a late night ... but I wouldn't have minded if it lasted a lot longer! It was really fun ... these girls are good for my soul!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, it was so fun! I'm glad you didn't care about Lindsay making a mess! And I'm glad we're having a barbecue, too. More talking!

Cinda said...

Sounds like fun. I don't know if Mel would go see Mamma Mia. I heard it was good from a couple different people.