Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Crazy Week

Last week started with our anniversary ... which was SO fun ... and then everything seemed to go a bit crazy!

Oh Thursday I got a call from my mom saying that James fell and broke his arm on the playground! It broke the forearm in two places and he had to have surgery that night to put metal rods on either side of the bone to keep everything in place. Sad! He was so brave through the whole thing ... and quite chatty when on morphine :)! Now he is home and doing well ... he is impossible to keep down. He swings his healing arm around, and is constantly playing outside with his friends. I guess boys will be boys :)! We forgot our camera ... so no pictures!

Friday night Jeff and I went to an Owlz game. Boy they last for a really, really long time. I think it is because they aren't very good. But it was fun ... and we got to sing during the 7th inning stretch ... which is my favorite part of the game!

On Saturday morning Jeff and I ran a 5K! We set a goal at the beginning of the summer to run one, but hadn't yet. We were "training" really hard, and then about a month ago ... we just stopped. So we were pretty proud that we did as well as what we did considering that. We made it in 32 min. So not stellar ... but nothing to be ashamed of either. It was really fun!! The funny part is who we got beat by ... keep in mind there were several people. But my favorite was a pregnant woman! Now it wasn't like "is she or isn't she pregnant" ... I'm fairly certain that if she wasn't trying to put herself into labor she was a good 8 months along! And at the very end, her slow, but very steady pace caused her to pass us and beat us by a minute or so. Sad ... but very funny :)! She's probably a marathon runner in her non-preggers life. (I tell myself that to make me feel better :)!)

That afternoon we went to the Spanish Fork Kite Festival. They had all these crazy kites and booths set up. This is one of our favorite kites - it is a girl "swimming" being chased by two fish! We got to test drive Seguays. Fun!

That night my parents took us out to dinner for our anniversary to Red Robin! It was fun ... we thought that was so nice of them! Thanks guys - we love you!

And last but not least ... on Monday night we went to see Tamara and Dan and ate dessert with them. It had been a while since we hung out, and we missed them! Tams and I went to school together (met our freshman year) and have some great stories over the years. We lucked out and our hubbies really hit it off too!

To top it all off ... I got tagged 3 times! THREE! I feel ... so popular! So get ready for a really long Tagged blog next time :)!

No comments: