Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Spoiled Rotten

Being married to Jeff makes me very spoiled ... but he outdid himself again ... so I just have to tell you about it! My trip ended much worse than it started thanks to Delta.

Delta delayed our trip by a couple of hours because our plane was coming from an area of high winds, so they decided to fly in a different plane ... from Atlanta! They flew in an empty plane from half way across the country and wonder why their industry isn't doing well. That plane happened to be broken. So they canceled the flight. After 6 hours at the airport we were transported to a super swanky hotel (that was nice :)!), and were supposed to fly out the next day. Shocker ... they delayed that flight and said there were still problems and they didn't know when it would really leave. We got a refund, and flew Frontier home instead :)! Yay for being home!

Jeff didn't even know any of this ... and still surprised me three times when I got home. First I walk in and this adorable purse is waiting for me with a little card! So cute! I am a sucker for fantastic purses ... and this one is definitely fantastic!

When we were still downstairs, I asked if he smelled paint. He acted really innocent ... but my nose doesn't lie. We had been talking about painting up our stairway and the upstairs hallway for a while, but just hadn't yet. Well he painted everywhere! It looks SO much better ... much warmer!

And finally ... after all this I looked around and realized he had cleaned the whole house. The whole thing!!

Nothing makes a trip better than coming home to him without surprises ... but with surprises ... unbelievable :)! I love you Jeff ... you are so sweet!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! He's amazing! And it sounds like he gets bored really easy. ;)

Jesse and Tiffany said...

Dang thats awesome! Can he teach Jesse a few tricks? Just kidding!!!

lance, miss, my, & finn said...

been stranded with delta before. I don't think they always bring their a-game when making decisions.
what a good husband! we have yet to paint, but the fact that you did leaves me inspired.:)

Hali said...

Wow.... that is a fabulous purse!
And Jeff is a fabulous guy, you lucky girl. Sorry to hear of your traveling chaos. Could be worse... you could be in a stinking fleet vehicle on the high school tour. :)Hope all is well!