Monday, April 2, 2012

The Book

I have some pretty amazing people in my life - both family and friends. And a huge number of those friends I've decided are like a really amazing extended family.

Seriously lucky.

For my 30th birthday one really, really amazing friend, Stepper, contacted many of the really special people in my life and assembled a book to remind me "in permanent and re-readable from - of how important you are in our lives" (her very sweet words on the inside cover page). She hand designed each page. Told you ... she is amazing!

When it arrived in the mail Stepper was sweet enough to drive it down to me. As she was sitting there watching me look through it for the first time (not actually even reading the messages) I was bawling my eyes out.
The cover
Later, when our house was quiet and Landon was napping, I sat down to read it letter by letter. I shouldn't have done my makeup before that! I cried my eyes out...

Because I have such amazing people in my life.

Because they said such sweet, wonderful things to me.

Because they loved me enough not only to write those things, but to dig up pictures from our lives shared together and to keep it a secret from me.

Because those experiences and our friendships mean as much to them as they do to me.

Each page is beautiful and meaningful ... I included a few pictures here. I only included a couple here, but next time you are over, please let me show it to your! (I included family pages and Stepper's ... I figured they were the least likely to mind them being posted on my blog!). It is beautiful. (And please notice that I took the pictures of the book on the beautiful blanket Ale made me for my birthday! She's WAY more creative than I am!)
It is, hands down, one of the best gifts I have ever, ever received. So thank you. To everyone who took part.

4 comments:

Matt and Carolyn said...

Wow, it looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person.

Tamara said...

Looks beautiful!

Kristen said...

Yay, so glad you liked it!! Maybe it was a good thing you didn't get it at the party so you could cry in private. :)

Looks like an awesome book.

Stepper the Mighty said...

I feel dumb that I am only just now seeing this! I'm so glad the book makes you feel loved. I absolutely loved creating it.

Ever since putting it together, I find myself thinking about how awesome it is that you mean so much to so many people - and I wonder how you are able to maintain that kind of awesomeness in so many people's lives! I think it's a real gift. You get at the heart of what's great about people and your friendship helps display it to them. That's a real gift.

I know I personally am ever so grateful for Ari in my world.