Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Do you ever...

Wish every afternoon involved lots of stories brought to you by a two year old to read accompanied by sugar cookies? Me too!

Wonder why the cars in Radiator Springs are listening to the radio and hear about Lightning McQueen missing... and don't do anything about it? Or, how they even turned the radio on in the first place? This is why I am no fun at kids' movies. I worry about the logical logistics of things like that. Jeff and I have actually talked about this. Pathetic, I know. I don't, however, ever tell Landon these things. I prefer to let him enjoy his childhood logistics-free :)!

Worry what the masseuse is really thinking when you're laying there on the table? I'm certain mine is always flabbergasted that someone's skin could actually be as white as mine is. Seriously, I really think about this every time :)!

Wonder when rollerblading went out of style? I was pushing Landon's stroller today thinking that someday he and Jeff will be able to ride bikes together ... then what will I do? Learn to ride a bike well enough to keep up? Sketchy. Then I started musing that perhaps instead I could bring back rollerblading. Anyone want to help?

Question the logic in lengthy movie studio advertisements on kid movies? I get regular previews ... but have you ever heard a kid look at a movie and say "gee, it's made by Dreamworks ... I'm sure it will be a great movie!" Just sayin'.

Look through Pinterest and think "Seriously, you have TIME for that?!" and on top of that you took the time to take a picture of it! However, this doesn't make me feel bad about myself. It's not my thing to do things like that. Nor do I generally have the time, but that's another story.

Worry about people who over share on Facebook? I have seen things that I think are so private I would hardly share them with anyone I know well, let alone people I hardly know. I don't get it. But it's a personal choice ... and I get that. It's just not me.

Watch Sesame Street or related shows (ie Elmo) and appreciate the fact that they use all kinds of kids on their shows? I love that - there is so much diversity. And if more kids saw that instead of picture perfect looking kids on other kinds of shows there might be more acceptance and less bullying. We're all different and that should be celebrated!

Think I should find better things to muse about then post on my blog? Probably, but sometimes the questions of the ages just baffle me and I had to share :)!

2 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

Okay.

First - I don't do massages as much as you do, but the twice or so I've had one, I TOTALLY think about the whiteness of my skin. Though I'm pretty sure I have you beat in that regard.

Second - you don't know how to ride a bike?? How did that happen???

Third - rollerblading should totally come back. Just like the rest of hte 80's.

Fourth - it's not the overshare on FB that has me concerned as much as it is the husband-slamming. Not healthy. Not nice.

Fifth - I loved this musings post! Do more!

Kristen said...

Haha - yeah some (most) of the things on Pinterest are sort of ridiculous. I have no idea how moms have time for some of that stuff.

When they are out riding bikes you could be home reading a book and eating brownies. That's my plan anyway. :)

I loved this post! Kind of like my random thoughts post - musings are always fun to read. I agree with Stepper, do more!