Thursday, April 12, 2012

Inspired ...

Today I was reading Stepper's blog. I'm pretty much always inspired by what she writes (aren't you?!) but today her post brought tears to my eyes. Read it here. See what I mean? I had to keep reading on the subject here.

What a beautiful idea. How many times am I not in the picture? And more importantly, how many times do I wait to get in the picture when I'm put together or all dressed up, instead of just me. The me I want my kids to remember ... and the memories that are pieced together to make up a lifetime together. Not just special occasions, birthdays and when mom was having a good hair day.

So I hopped right off the couch and got down beside Landon, who was watching a favorite Thomas the Train movie, to take a picture of us. He happily obliged with a smile. Can you tell neither of us get quite where to look when my phone is showing us on the screen? Or quite how to frame ourselves in the picture?

I love it... it's completely imperfect, but captures the day just right.

My bad hair day and tired eyes.

Landon eating his fingers.

And we look just as happy as happy can be to be spending a quiet, low-key day together.Which captured today perfectly. I love days when it's just us hanging out.
Thanks, Stepper and Holly (even though I've never met you I can tell I would like you!) ... for reminding us what pictures, and being together are really about.

1 comment:

Stepper the Mighty said...

YAY Ari! I'm so glad you did it, and I hope you will every week?