Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful for Reading

I love November! It's a blustery month, but one that reminds us to step back a little from our crazy lives and appreciate all that we have. I can't think of a better way to prepare for Christmas and the New Year. The last little while has been a challenging and growing time for me. I have spent a lot of time reflecting a lot on how much we have to be thankful for. I'm excited to share some of those things with you.

We started November doing something that means a lot to me - reading! Books and reading are one thing I am always grateful for. Not only do they provide me an escape from day to day life and some me-time, but I'm a firm believer that reading and the ability to do so one of the greatest gifts you can ever receive. My mom loves to read and passed that along to me, for which I am so thankful! I have always hoped that my children would love to read as well - and so far Landon LOVES to!! I think it is our biggest shared "interest" so far :)!

Sometimes when kids get quiet it means trouble ... most of the time in our house a quiet Landon is one I find doing this:
Here he is reading with Dad ...
Our local library recently did a reading program for kids 1-5. We read different groups of books and did some different activities (finger plays, library programs, listened to a silly song CD, etc.) after each "group" he got a little prize. The end prize was a new book! He picked one about fire trucks - it is so cute!
I love that he loves to read and I hope that it continues to bring him joy throughout his life.

Up next: more things we are thankful for ... so stay tuned!!


No comments: