Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful for Home

Lately I have been thinking a lot about home and what it means. Five years ago Jeff and I bought our little house and set about making it a home. It's been good to us. We've made wonderful memories here, and had so much fun making it ours (read: lots of hours on Jeff and my dad's part doing things I want done :)!).

Early this year we decided to put our house up for sale. With the economy and the market it hasn't sold. And as we decide what the best next step is for us, I'm so grateful it hasn't. Sure, on one hand we want to sell it. But on the other hand this is our home. And we love it (and no matter where we live after, I will always love it). And as the weather gets colder and with the economy not getting any better I am extra grateful to have a warm, safe place for our family.

I decided that what we needed was a little project around the house. Every once in a while I get that itch. I've been resisting it with a for-sale sign in the front yard ... but I couldn't resist any longer. We have a closet under our stairs ... we affectionately call the "Harry Potter closet." It's always been storage. Then as Landon had more toys it was toy storage and regular storage. I wanted it to be just for Landon's toys. He thinks it is a really fun area and it is just his size.

So we moved everything out and painted it so it wasn't so stark white. Then we added a new toy shelf and some vinyl lettering/decor ... and voila!

I present Landon's new toy room:

He LOVES it! When he first saw it with the circles he started yelling circle at the top of his lungs. He loves to point at them and name his colors (which may or may not be correct depending on the day :)!). Then he went right to playing with his toys! Nothing like putting a little love into the home that loves us so much!

Not only are we thankful for our home in the literal sense of where we live, but we are thankful for our little town and community. It means a lot to us to be a part of a great community and to have such wonderful neighbors and friends.

So tonight we are grateful for home.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Ohhh, super cute! I wish I had a cute little toy closet for my kids!

Tamara said...

Really cute room!