Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful for Date Night

Last night Jeff took me on a date ... to Trafalga for a little mini-golf/arcade competition. And do you know what it reminded me of? Just what a fun guy I married ... and how much I cherish date night with him. We had quite the Saturday afternoon. It included a toddler who was perfecting his throwing-fits-in-public-because-I-can't-do-what-I-want fits and two very frustrated parents. Needless to say, it was much needed night out.

As a side note, can I also say that I am a pretty stellar mini-golfer (so is Jeff, but really, he should be - he actually plays golf). Also, one should not make statements like "babe, it's all about the defense" when playing air hockey unless they fully understand that statement will come back to haunt them approximately 2 minutes later. Not that I speak from experience or anything :)!

We've gone on some really fun dates over the years, but the ones that get us out and about and provide lots of time to talk (or tease for someone's not-so-stellar skills at some activity) are always our favorite.

And along the lines of date night ... I am thankful for really good sitters. These, I have discovered, are hard to find. But when you have both family and a favorite sitter in the neighborhood it is totally priceless. We can leave the house knowing Landon is in capable and loving hands.

Here's to a lot more great dates ... and being thankful to have someone to go on them with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your thankful posts! You have such a great little family!