Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful for Family

I can't believe November is almost over! I have tried to hit all of the really big things in our lives that we are thankful for. I was driving along the other day listing off a million other things in my head. It's such a blessing to be able to list so many things to be thankful for. I would feel remiss, though, if I didn't list in one grand finale the thing I am the most grateful for. Family. I have touched on this one in different ways, but can you really ever be grateful enough for these people?

I'm grateful for the family I came from and the family who accepted me as their own 6 years ago. I'm thankful to be our own little family. I'm incredibly grateful that not only are we put into these groups to love and support one another, but that I have the knowledge that families are forever.

This is the gang I came from. We're looking particularly snazzy here don't you think? (This was at our most recent family pics, which if you're wondering, Landon wasn't happy about:)!) I love these people. They gave and continue to give me the best they have on a daily basis. They have never given up on me, they let me be opinionated (and right!), and most of all they love me (and my little family) unconditionally. And they SHOWER Landon with love and attention.
And this is a small part of the gang I married into. Here we are the day after Thanksgiving braving the hike to Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park while Landon hung out with Grandma and Grandpa (and a few cousins, which he was SUPER excited about!!). That day will get it's own post ... but I picked this picture because it really proves to me that when these people claim you it is for life ... and no matter what (again, more explanation will come with that post!)!
I love them all so incredibly much. So, so much!

So today ... in our grand finale (just for now though, because I'm a firm believer we should never stop being thankful!) ... we are thankful for family.

No comments: