Friday, January 7, 2011

A boy and his dog

You know how they say that a dog is man's best friend? I would suggest we change that to a dog is a little boy's best friend for two reasons: 1. Jeff and Ellie's relationship is tenuous at best and 2. Landon, on the other hand, thinks that Ellie is AMAZING.

Now that he is crawling a lot faster now he follows her around. His eyes light up when he realizes she (and that tail!) are right in front of him... and if he just reaches he can grab it! And her toys! Oh how he loves her toys (disgusting, I know ... it's a full time job just keeping them out of his little hands). Ellie (bless her doggy-heart) is very patient with him.

I have two excellent examples of just how much these two like to hang out (or how good Landon is at imitating her and following her around).

I was going to the bathroom the other day. I have taken to leaving the door open when I am home alone so as to create less time to rush out of it now that Landon is mobile ... you know just in case. Ellie walks up and proceed to lay down to WATCH me. Then I hear Landon's adorable crawl ... and he peeks his head around the door jam, sees Ellie watching and LAYS DOWN NEXT TO HER! I just burst out laughing and wished I had my camera. But alas ... it does NOT accompany me to the bathroom. Ever.

Then yesterday I was in the kitchen thinking "He is playing so well" which was immediately followed by "It is WAY too quiet." So I immediately went looking. Sure enough. Landon and Ellie are facing each other. With their tongues OUT. As I was walking towards them to move him I automatically said "You two quit licking each other!" And no, that is not the first nor the last time I have said that. Seriously. In fact, if he goes to give you a kiss ... it clearly resembles an Ellie kiss.

But it is so stinking cute ... other than stopping anything germy I can't help but let them play!

2 comments:

The Davis Family said...

That is so funny! My parents have a little dog and every time we went to their house, we would find Ethan eating the dog food... he loved it for some reason. We are living in Lehi now. We should do lunch sometime!

-Shanna

laura said...

Loooooove it! Cute story. Keep the camera handy, I'd die to see those pictures. :)