Monday, November 29, 2010

A Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a really fun Thanksgiving weekend! Thanksgiving day we spent at my parent's house - the food was delicious and the whole day really relaxing. Landon LOVED his first Thanksgiving dinner. He ate as much as the rest of us and then took a long holiday nap :)!

That night Ale spent the night at our house so Jeff and I could do some early morning (crazy) Black Friday shopping. We were at Target at 3:45! There were two HUGE lines - one from each door that wrapped around the entire parking lot (so clearly there were a lot of people more dedicated that we were!). Jeff had to park in another parking lot and meet me in line. As soon as the doors opened people started running ... it was a madhouse. Luckily there were a lot of security people there to make sure no one cut in line. Once we got in it was crazy! Carts should not be allowed on Black Friday - people are seriously vicious. We got both things we went for, which was great! We wanted an external hard-drive (for Christmas) to back up our pictures and we got one!! And Landon's "big" Christmas present was 50% off as well there!! We were pretty proud of ourselves! And we even got home in time to sleep a little more before Landon woke up!

Landon had a cold all weekend - it was quite sad! And apparently Benadryl doesn't sit well on his tummy. We had our first real throwing up experience with him. And if you know me ... you'll know how traumatizing that is. Seriously if I know someone doesn't feel well I will avoid them like the plague (so if that is ever you please don't take it offensively!) and to have him sitting on my lap throwing up about sent me over the edge. But luckily we both survived! Apparently it was just the medicine, because he was so happy after ... he took a bath and then he drank another full bottle! And then went to sleep for the night as if nothing happened.

The rest of the weekend we had Jeff's parents in town for a visit! It was fun to have them up to spend time with us and with Landon. Landon was really happy to show off for them and to watch football (seriously he actually watches it) with them. We were so happy and thankful(!) to spend our weekend with so much family!

2 comments:

Janey said...

You guys are troopers to start shopping at 3:45am! I think all the hustle and bustle is really fun.

Poor Landon! Glad it wasn't too too bad!

Stepper the Mighty said...

Black Friday has been something of a sisterly tradition for me growing up - but this year I stayed blissfully away. I never even PEEKED at an ad! I was so self-controlled.

And were you simply amazed by how much fluid could come out of such a little person? That is always the part that is freakiest to me when the babes toss their cookies. I just keep thinking as I stare in helpless amazement, "seriously...it has to stop SOME TIME!"

But it doesn't.

And then I get terrifically behind on the laundry.

Good times.

But my kiddo's get super snuggly when they aren't feeling well, so that is some MAJOR silver lining, there!

am I babbling?