Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Murder...

Last weekend Ale threw a murder mystery party. Jeff and I helped out as the "host and hostess" and as the bartenders. It took place in a 1920's speakeasy ... hence the flapper dress and drink in my hand. My friend Laura had this as an old Halloween costume and let me borrow it ... cool huh? I felt very authentic (and didn't know you know that all true flappers wore Shade shirts underneath their dresses?). Especially when serving non-alcoholic specialty drinks to a bunch of over-21 college students :)!

Everyone seemed to have a good time ... and so did we! (Don't mind the pic ... James was our photographer :)!)
And to add to my thankful list:

19. A warm home. Especially at this chilly time of year.
20. Food on our table ... and the ability to know when our next meal is.
21. The library (I am stealing this off my friend Missy's blog because it is so true!). A place to check out free books? Um, hello ... genius!
22. Fresh drinking water. My friend Tamsin did a spotlight on how little clean drinking water there is in the world, the fact that we have it ... priceless!
23. Parties. This might seem really silly and insignificant to some people. But I LOVE to throw parties. Someday, if we live in an appropriate area, I would love to do it professionally. But for now I just love to get our friends together!
24. Our cars. They get us just where we need to go safely. Again, it's those little things that sometimes I think we take for granted.
25. A great pediatrician. He is honest, kind and Landon and I both like him. I think a good one is hard to find ... and something to hold on to!

No comments: