Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Verdict is In!

We had our ultrasound yesterday morning and found out ... it's a BOY!! We're so excited!! It was so surreal to be in that room and be looking at pictures of him. We both have our favorites - Jeff's is when he gave us the peace sign ... and mine is when he was sucking his thumb :)!! So cute already!

I'll admit, because everyone else thought it was a girl, I just assumed it was too. So I was SHOCKED to find out otherwise! And then I looked at Jeff (who was pretty surprised himself, but looking mighty proud) and I realized ... I have the opportunity to raise a son like my incredible husband ... what a responsibility and an honor! And I can tell they'll be a lot alike ... he was quite the little jokester when we were trying to get good pictures of him :)!

I can't even describe how overwhelmed and emotional I feel ... and so very blessed. I can't wait to meet him and then to see him and his daddy together, I just know it will be (and he will be!) the sweetest thing in the entire world.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

YEA!!! I'm so excited to see him too!! Congratulations mama!

Welsh Woman said...

Congratulations! So fun and exciting! Let the shopping commence! :)

The Kneese's said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! It is pretty darn amazing seeing your baby for the first time. I cried my eyes out while I was getting my ultrasound with Olivia and I'll probably do the same with this one! Congrats again!

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Hey Ari!!!!! Congrats!!!! I didn't even know you had a blog for a long time!!!! I'm so excited for you! It is the best! I hope you are feeling well!

Unknown said...

You might have made my cry just a little. You are all too presh. You will be great parents!

Cinda said...

It will be fun having a boy. Dalton was excited when I told him. He said, "Yea another cousin to play with."

The Davis Family said...

Congratulations Ari! I'm sure he will be a cutie. I think our babies must be due around the same time. You will LOVE being a mommy!

-Shanna

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! I was totally convinced that I was having a girl this time around. But oh no! Another boy:) But we are really excited to have two little buddies. Anyway, congrats on a little guy! That will be so much fun!:)