Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A trip to Moab

A couple of months ago, Jacqueline and I were in our offices and got to brainstorming. We don't generally have down time for things like this so we started getting pretty creative. We decided that it would be really fun to plan a surprise weekend away with our hubbies (we also planned Megan's baby shower ... but that post will come after the party ... clearly it was a very productive brainstorm session!). After a lot of website surfing and discussing activities and weather we decided on Moab! It was a great decision because it was so nice down there!

We decided to keep the boys in suspense and gave them a couple of clues a week for a month. They were so confident at the end that we even stopped those (please keep in mind they thought of everything between St. George and Carlsbad, California ...) and just let them think about it. Drove them nuts :)! They were pretty psyched when we finally told them and let them get packed.

We were pretty adventurous. Naturally, Jacqueline and I had a whole itinerary planned. This is funny I know, but if you know us, not surprising :)!

We stayed in a really adorable B&B called the Cali Cochitta. We highly recommend it - totally cute! Friday night we grabbed dinner and then played cards. Let's just say that Nerts is not my best game ever.

On Saturday we rented 4-wheelers for half the day. It was SO much fun! We explored, ate a picnic lunch and spent some serious time in the warm sunshine. Then the boys went to the driving range (any trip with the two of us both out of town includes some work ... so we hurried while they were gone). Then we caught dinner at a delicious Mexican place.

On Sunday we tried to go to church ... apparently it was stake conference or something because there was NO one at the building. A for effort - right? Then we headed out to Arches National Park. It has been years since either of us had been there and Jacqueline had never seen anything like it, so it was extra fun. It was beautiful! We hiked back to Delicate Arch. Boy ... I hike SLOW now! But we got some great pictures of all the park highlights. Then we headed home ... tired and very rejuvenated!

My mom was sweet enough to invite all of us over for a home-cooked meal when we got home so we felt very spoiled!

Now for some pictures ...

The pretty B&B:
Ready to ride our 4-Wheelers:
At Arches:
Underneath the Delicate Arch (promise it's us!):

5 comments:

Dorey said...

This looks fun! My husband would love the 4-wheeling for sure. =)

Congrats on the upcoming baby! =)

Carolyn said...

Looks like a nice, relaxing weekend!

Jake and Megan said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! And you and J seriously needed a break. I think you'll need another one after this week.

Jacqueline Fairbanks said...

I love the pictures! I can't wait to see all of them. We had so much fun!

I also want you to know that I think this is the first blog comment I have ever made! I was pretty proud of myself:)

Lindsay said...

So fun! I'm jealous. I think you should plan these kinds of things every few months--you deserve it. :)