Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am Thankful

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately with traveling, the upcoming holidays, thinking about everything we need to do before before March, etc. (I'm a planner ... so I stress about things months in advance). Then I stepped back and realized that this is NOVEMBER. The month of GRATITUDE. And I am being selfish and stressed and not taking advantage of the opportunity to express my gratitude! So just like last year ... I am going to be thankful for something different each day of the month ... so you're going to get a catch up on gratitude for the first half of the month!!

1. Jeff. If you know him you know this doesn't need an explanation. He is just incredible ... I don't think there are words to describe the things he does for me and the person he has helped me to become. And I'm so incredibly lucky to have him in my life.
2. My new little man. He's going to be wonderful, I just know it ... I'm excited to meet him.
3. My family. They always encouraged me to be my best, taught me to save for a rainy day ... and are already volunteering to help with the little man on the way :)!
4. The gospel. The ability to know the truth is almost unimaginable for some people. But to have the gospel, and have had the opportunity to be grounded in that truth is irreplaceable.
5. Friends. We are very lucky ... we have friends who are always there for us and who truly care about us.
6. My job. It's hard. I don't think that is a surprise to most people ... but I'm incredibly lucky to have one, especially one that is rewarding.
7. The girls I work with. They are so supportive ... and fun. And they do thoughtful things like bring in cupcakes to celebrate finding out I'm having a boy.
8. My calling. I get to work with the YW. They are funny, sweet and challenging at times ... but I love it and them ... and the ladies I work with.
9. Ellie. She's the original baby around our house and capitalizes on it in any way possible. She's a great snuggler and thinks she is quite the watch-dog.
10. Sunshine. Nothing makes me happier than feeling it soak into me. I step outside during the day just to enjoy it ... and it makes me really excited to go to FL soon.
11. Traveling. We live in an incredible world. I love that I have had an opportunity to see some pretty amazing places.
12. Great clothes. I'm a sucker for cute clothes ... as you can imagine the maternity piece has been a whole new world for me. But I LOVE cute clothes.
13. Chocolate. It's been a real life saver for the past 5 months or so ... or the last 27 years :)
14. The Temple. I love that we have the opportunity to attend the temple regularly and the blessings that come from it. It's one of my favorite places to be.
15. Christmas decorations. I can't tell you how excited I am to decorate for Christmas!!! And the lights! I LOVE Christmas lights!
16. Books. Reading is one of the most relaxing things in the world to me. I love getting lost in a good books.
17. Nature. I love being outside. It's so relaxing and makes the rest of the world melt away.
18. My education. I'm a big believer that it is important, and I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to get a great one.
19. Sleep. I don't think I have ever been so grateful for sleep :)! And since I am predicting a shortage come March-ish ... I am stocking up now!
20. Savings. I was taught early to save, and I'm grateful for the security it makes me feel.
21. Mom. Sometimes we get to go out just the two of us ... it's the best time ever! We chat (okay, gossip) and laugh ... and always SHOP!
22. Our town. We moved around a lot, so I got very used to home being wherever we lived. And right now it is Spanish Fork. I love it! It's quaint and small ... and I feel like we belong to a community.
23. Kicks. I never thought I would be so excited and relieved to feel myself get kicked from the inside out ... but I wait for it everyday (let's just say he doesn't have a "normal" schedule for that kind of thing)
24. Priesthood Blessings. I was fortunate enough to grow up with them, and lucky enough to have access to them anytime I need one now. What a comfort and blessing!
25. Service. I'm grateful to receive it ... and to give it (and to teach about it today!)!
26. Thanksgiving Day. A whole day to celebrate all of our many blessings!
27. Foot rubs. Jeff gives great ones ... and there is nothing like a good one after a hard day shopping :)!
28. Coupons. I LOVE a great deal ... especially on Christmas gifts. Sure makes the budget go farther!!
29. A fun Thanksgiving Day with the in-laws. Always fun to get everyone together!
30. Peace. There isn't much of it these days, but to get to feel it is priceless.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I am grateful for your superb blogging, Ari dear! I love feeling like I am up to date with your fun life.

I am also grateful that this post helped me think of all the wonderful blessings my life. Thanks, lady.

Welsh Woman said...

Thank you for the reminder. i am also a meticulous planner so it's good to take a step back sometimes.